Do you want to serve as a full time firefighter, gain firefighting experience, continue your fire service education, live in the fire station, and be part of a progressive team? If so, this might be the position you’re looking for!
The Big White Fire Department will soon be seeking candidates for the Work Experience Program (WEP 20). We are accepting applications from January 1, 2021 until the end of the business day, February 28, 2021 with the program to run from June 7, 2021 until the end of the ski season 2022 (usually mid to late April).
Overview of the program
• Trainees will have the opportunity to maintain their previously acquired NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter 1 & 2 skills through specialized training drills, regular training sessions, emergency response calls and examinations.
• Trainees will acquire job experience by participating in specialized programs such as pre-fire planning, public education, regular fire hall duties, vehicle maintenance, small equipment, and other in-house training programs.
• Trainees will train, certify and maintain First Responder certification. They will also complete the Canadian Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder course.
• Trainees will become regular paid-on-call members of the BWFD, and will be required to uphold the same standards and commitments. WEP Firefighter will receive the same stipends as do the regular Paid-on-Call members.
• The Big White Fire Department will assist WEP members in their career search by providing education in interview and resume writing techniques.
• Trainees will be required to make an 11 month commitment to the program.
Trainees will participate in a number of certified training programs including: RIT, Mayday, Pumps and Pumping, Driver Training, Emergency Scene Traffic Control, High Rise Ops, Live Fire, Low to Steep Angle Rescue, Company Inspections and several others.
The Big White Fire Department will provide accommodations at the fire station as part of the Work Experience Program. These accommodations will include access to a laundry facility area, weight training room, full cooking facilities, two lounge areas, and an office area with computer / internet access, new accommodations with separate bedrooms. WEP crew members will have access to all the amenities that the village of Big White has to offer.
For recruitment information and downloadable forms please visit us at www.bigwhitefire.com
Deputy Fire Chief Josh Foster
PO Box 45004 Kelowna, BC. V1P 1P3
Email: email@example.com / Phone toll free: 1.877.216.3909
Scott Safety is an excellent source that will help you find a career!
We are always interested in hearing from professional firefighters with high standards who want to work with the best in the industry. Email your resume to Billy@scottsafety.ca.
Our duty is to provide courageous service and support for all of your emergency services needs. From fire suppression to medical standby and security guard services, we have you protected. Our people, service and equipment are a step above. Visit us at courageousprotection.com
Emergency Medical Personnel
We welcome applications from qualified EMR, EMT, and OFA Level III professionals who are ACP certified. Our standards are strict and we hire only the best. Email your resume to the Medical Division Manager, Karen@scottsafety.ca.
H2S Safety Personnel
We hire applicants with five or more years of rig or testing experience. We are also interested in hearing from experienced safety supervisors who desire good working conditions with a well-respected company. Email Dennis@scottsaftey.ca. Scott Safety pays top wages and remains committed to being one of the industry’s leading employers of safety personnel.